NTFL PREMIER LEAGUE FOOTY TIPPING COMPETITION (ADULT - 2016)
- This document contains the terms and conditions of entry ("these Terms") into the NTFL Premier League Footy Tipping Competition (Adult – 2016) ("Promotion"). Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms.
- The Promoter is AFL Northern Territory (“AFL”) ABN 81 097620525 of 70 Abala Road, Marrara, Northern Territory, 0812, Australia ("Promoter").
- The Promotion will be open from 9:00am on Wednesday, 28 September 2016 and will continue until the starting time of the last match of the Home and Away Season, which will be no later than 11:59 pm on Sunday, 19 February 2017 ("Promotion Period"). All times in these Terms are expressed as the local time in Darwin, Northern Territory.
- Entry is open to all people over 18 years of age at the time of entering. The following persons will not be eligible for prizes - non–Australian residents and employees of the Promoter and other agencies, firms or companies associated with this Promotion, and their immediate families. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- In these Terms, the following meanings apply in addition to terms which are defined elsewhere in these Terms unless the contrary intention appears:
"Cumulative Margin" means, in respect of an Entrant, the sum of the Margin Differences for all Rounds as at a particular date.
“Draw” means an even score at the conclusion of a Match.
"Entrant" means a person who is eligible to participate in and has submitted an entry into this Promotion in accordance with these Terms.
"Judging Location" means the premises located at 70 Abala Road, Marrara, Northern Territory, 0812, Australia.
“Leaderboard” means the Promotion’s overall ladder of Entrants ranking.
"Margin Difference" in respect of a Margin Game means, for an Entrant that:
- has correctly tipped a winning team, the difference between the margin nominated by the Entrant for that Match and the actual margin for that Match;
- has tipped the losing team, the aggregate of the margin nominated by the Entrant for that Match and the actual margin for that Match (e.g. if entrant nominates a margin of 14, and their tipped team loses by 20 points, their ‘Margin Difference’ for the Match will be 34); and
- has not submitted a tip for that Margin Game, the average margin for all Entrants for that Margin Game (rounded up) as determined by the Promoter.
"Match" means a single game of AFL football, which is conducted during the Season;
"Ranking" means where an Entrant ranks or is placed overall in the Promotion.
"Round" means one of the 18 rounds consisting of Matches conducted during the Home and Away Season.
“Home and Away Season” means the 18 home and away rounds of Matches in the Season.
“Season” means the Men’s and Women’s 2016-17 NTFL Premier League Season as detailed on the Promoter’s website at http://www.aflnt.com.au.
"Score" means the number of points allocated to an Entrant for the correct tipping of winning teams in each Round in accordance with these Terms.
"Tipping Website" means tipping.aflnt.com.au, accessible on the internet through the World Wide Web or via mobile internet enabled devices.
- To register for the Promotion Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
- register their details via the on-line registration form located on the Tipping Website and provide all required information; and
- The Promoter reserves the right not to accept a registration for any Entrant or to disqualify an Entrant if the Promoter considers that the registration contains anything defamatory or is otherwise inappropriate. There is a limit of one entry per person and any person submitting more then one entry will not be eligible to win a prize in the Promotion.
- An Entrant may only register as an individual.
- Entrants will have the opportunity, in respect of each Match in each Round of the Season, to tip by:
- selecting a team that the Entrant expects will win the Match (a Draw cannot be selected); and
- submitting those selections via the Tipping Website (selections for each Match must be submitted before the scheduled start time of the relevant Match). Each Entrant can only provide one set of tips.
- An Entrant may make or change a tip for a given Match at any time prior to the scheduled starting time of that Match, subject to these Terms.
- Entrants will have the opportunity, in respect of the first Match in each Round of the Home and Away Season, to tip by selecting the team that the Entrant expects to win and also including the margin by which they expect that their selected team’s score will beat the opponent team’s score for the Margin Game. If the team the Entrant tips scores greater than or equal to the opposition score, their tip is considered successful.
FAILURE TO TIP
- If an Entrant:
- does not submit a tip for a given Match in a Round, then the Entrant's tip for that Match will be deemed to be for the team determined, in the Promoter's sole discretion, to be the "away team"; or
- does not submit a tip for Matches in an entire Round, the Entrant's tips for that Round will be deemed to be those of the teams determined, in the Promoter's sole discretion, to be the "away teams" up to a maximum of four correct tips for that Round; or
- enters the Promotion after the commencement of the first Round of the Season, then the Entrant's tips for those Matches that have been completed will be deemed to be those of the teams determined to be the "away teams" to a maximum of four correct tips for each such Round.
- Subject to the rules relating to failure to tip in Clause 12, Entrants will be allocated one point for each correctly selected winning team for a Match.
- In the event of a Match in a given Round being drawn, cancelled, abandoned, not completed or not played for any reason and the AFL does not officially declare a result within one (1) day of the original scheduled date of the Match, it is treated as a win for both teams competing in that Match.
- Throughout the Season, the Promoter will maintain a leaderboard which ranks the Entrants from highest to lowest based on their Scores. To determine the ranking of two or more Entrants that have an equal Score, the Entrant with the lower Cumulative Margin will rank higher than other Entrants with corresponding equal Scores.
- Any Entrants who: (a) successfully register for the Promotion on the Tipping Website by 11.59pm on Friday, 7 October 2016; and (b) are residents of the Northern Territory; will be eligible to win the Pre-Registration Prize.
- 17. The Pre-Registration Prize is a voucher to the value of $250 to the Cove restaurant at SKYCITY Darwin, Gilruth Ave, The Gardens Northern Territory 0820 (valued at up to $250 inc GST). By accepting these Terms, the Pre-Registration Prize winner agrees to accept the terms of conditions of the Cove restaurant voucher including but not limited to the age and clothing conditions of entry to SKYCITY Darwin, the voucher must be used in the restaurant during the restaurant’s trading hours, is subject to availability and the voucher expires 12 months from date of issue.
- A draw will be held on 11 October 2016 at 12:00pm at the Judging Location. The draw will involve the random drawing of one (1) valid entry from all valid entries that meet the requirements as outlined in clause 16 of these Terms and the valid entry drawn will win the Pre-Registration Prize.
- The Pre-Registration Prize winner will receive an email to claim his/her prize on 11 October 2016 and the winner will be announced on the Tipping Website on the day of the draw. In the event that the Pre-Registration Prize winner has not claimed the prize within three months of being notified, the winner forfeits his/her prize and the Promoter may conduct a further draw on the next business day being three months and one day after the notification date to the initial winner, subject to any written directions given by State gaming departments. The secondary draw will be held at the same time and place as the original draw (“Second Draw”), subject to any written directions from any relevant authority. In the event the Second Draw takes place, the Promoter will attempt to contact the winner(s) of the Second Draw via email on the day of the Second Draw and the name of any winner of the Second Draw will be published on the Tipping Website on the day of the Second Draw. If a prize is no longer capable of being redeemed, the new winner will receive a prize, as determined by the Promoter, of equivalent value, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities, if required. The prize remains the property of the Promoter until claimed by the prize winner.
- The Entrant with the highest Score for each respective Round during the Home and Away Season will be the winner of the Weekly Prize for that Round. Each winner’s name will be published on the Tipping Website within seven (7) days of the end of the respective Round.
- If there are two or more Entrants with equal highest Score for a Round, then the Weekly Prize for that Round will be awarded to the tied Entrant with the lowest Margin Difference for the Margin Game of that Round. In the event that there is still a tie after taking into consideration the Margin Difference, the winner will be the Entrant (from those remaining tied Entrants) who first submitted their last tip for that Round of the Season. Where an Entrant fails to submit a tip for a Match, the timing of the tip for that Entrant will be the published start time of that relevant Match.
- The winner of each Weekly Prize will be determined at the Judging Location every Tuesday at 2pm following the Round. Each winner will be notified in writing within two (2) working days after the end of the respective Round for which they were determined a winner.
- The winner of each weekly prize will receive a voucher to the value of $100 to ACES sports bar at SKYCITY Darwin, Gilruth Ave, The Gardens Northern Territory 0820 (valued at up to $100 inc GST) (“Weekly Prize”). By accepting these Terms, each Weekly Prize winner agrees to accept the terms of conditions of the ACES voucher including but not limited to the age and clothing conditions of entry to SKYCITY Darwin, the voucher must be used in store and the voucher expires 12 months from date of issue.
- An Entrant that has won a Weekly Prize for a previous Round of the Season will be eligible to win a Weekly Prize again.
- The total value of the Weekly Prize pool is $1,800 (inc GST) based on one winner per week for 18 Rounds.
- Each Weekly Prize winner will receive an email to claim their prize. In the event that any Weekly Prize has not been claimed within three months of being notified, the winner forfeits their prize and the Weekly Prize will be awarded to the Entrant who would be the winner had the original winner been excluded from winning, as judged at 5:00 pm at the Judging Location on the next business day being three months and one day after the relevant judging time, subject to any written directions given by State gaming departments. This prize winner will be contacted in writing within 2 days, and their details published on the Tipping Website following the relevant judging time.
- 27. The Entrant who has the highest Ranking at the end of the last Round (Round 18) of the Home and Away Season will win the Major Prize. The Major Prize consists of two (2) nights accommodation for the winner and a companion on a twin share basis in a superior lagoon room at SKYCITY Darwin, Gilruth Ave, The Gardens, Northern Territory 0820 including breakfast at The Vue restaurant at SKYCITY Darwin. If the winner resides in either Darwin or Palmerston in the Northern Territory, car transfers provided by SKYCITY Darwin from his/her residence for the winner and the companion (must travel from and to the winner’s residence together) to the accommodation will also be included. However, if there are two or more Entrants with equal highest Ranking, then the Major Prize winner will be the Entrant who submitted their last tip for the last Round of the Home and Away Season first. The following additional conditions apply to the Major Prize: (a) accommodation is subject to availability and no other incidental costs are included; (b) if the winner does not take the prize, or any part of the prize, within 12 months from date of issue, then the prize, or that part of the prize not taken, is forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize; (c) all ancillary and travel costs not stated are the winner’s and/or companion’s responsibility – no travel and ancillary costs that are not stated form part of the prize; and (d) the winner and any companion will be required to abide by any dress codes and/or instructions with respect to the prize as issued by the provider of the prize.
- The winner of the Major Prize will be determined at the Judging Location at 5:00 pm on 22 February 2016.
- The Major Prize is valued at up to $1,300 (inc GST).
- The Major Prize winner will be contacted in writing within 2 days of the date of being judged a winner, and their name will be published on the Tipping Website on 24 February 2016.
- In the event that the Major Prize is not claimed within three months of being notified, the winner forfeits their prize and the Major Prize will be awarded to the Entrant who would be the winner had the original winner been excluded from winning, as judged at 5:00 pm at the Judging Location on the next business day being three months and one day after the relevant judging time, subject to any written directions given by State gaming departments. This prize winner will be contacted in writing within 2 days, and their details published on the Tipping Website immediately following the relevant judging time.
- If so requested by the Promoter, all prize winners and any companion who will participate in the prize are required to sign the Promoter’s release and indemnity form in favour of the Promoter and return the document to the Promoter prior to taking their prizes.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries/tips/registrations and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms or who tampers with the entry/registration/tipping process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those right.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
- If for any reason a winner does not take a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
- The total prize pool for this Promotion is valued at up to $3,350 (inc GST). All prices and values in these Terms are stated in Australian dollars and are inclusive of GST.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the winner of a prize in this Promotion is not excluded from winning another prize as part of this Promotion. All Entrants will be considered in the judging for prizes in this Promotion whether or not they have won another prize in this Promotion.
- Prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged, delayed or redeemed for cash. No travel expenses, incidentals, spending money, travel insurance or additional entertainment will be provided as part of a prize unless stated.
- Judging of all prizes will be conducted by a representative of the Promoter.
- The Promoter’s decision for all prizes in this Promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Incomplete, indecipherable and incorrect entries/registrations/tips or entries/registrations/tips containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win.
- It is a condition of taking a prize that the winner must, if requested to do so by the Promoter, sign and return documents relating to their eligibility to enter (including ownership of entry), statement of compliance with relevant terms and conditions and/or a release of the Promoter's liability in taking prizes.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries, registrations or tips not received for any reason during the Promotion. Registrations, entries and tips will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected registrations, tips or entries. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
- If the Promoter is unable to provide a winner with the nominated prize, the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value, subject to any written directions given by State gaming departments.
- Any Entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify registrations, entries and/or tips in the event of non-compliance with these Terms. Notwithstanding the Promoter's rights under these Terms to not accept or to subsequently disqualify a Entrant, the Promoter will not be liable for any legal action arising out of any entrant’s name being defamatory, inappropriate, in breach of any third party's rights, or in breach of any law, and any entrant forming part of that name must indemnify the Promoter, its agents, contractors and related companies from any legal action, claim or dispute arising directly or indirectly from the entrant’s name being defamatory, inappropriate, in breach of any third party's rights, or in breach of any law.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its agencies associated with this Promotion are not liable and do not accept responsibility for:
- an Entrant's entry or tips not being received or which are received and subsequently corrupted or rejected by a server of the Tipping Website;
- any private or public tipping competition which uses or relies upon the Tipping Website in any way as a means for collecting and disbursing data, or for conducting a tipping competition;
- any lost, misdirected or corrupt registrations, entries, tips or emails whether to or from the Tipping Website or otherwise; and/or
- any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained:
- in connection with an Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or the taking of a place, except that which cannot be excluded by law; and/or
- relating to the conduct of the Promotion however caused, including failure of the Tipping Website or incorrect or corrupt data supplied by the Promoter to Entrant.
- By participating in this Promotion, the Eligible Entrant agrees and acknowledges that:
- they may be contacted by the Promoter to provide comments about the Promotion and the Promoter (or an agent of the Promoter) may take photos of them;
- the Promoter may use such comments or photos (the "Materials") for the Promoter's future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to them;
- the Promoter may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials as the Promoter wishes at anytime, anywhere, and by any means. The Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
- they acknowledge that the Promoter retains all right, title and interest, including copyright, in the Materials and, by participating in the Promotion, they assign to the Promoter on creation of the Materials all right, title and interest which might, but for these Terms, vest in them;
- they unconditionally and irrevocably consents to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Materials (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given ("Moral Rights");
- they waive all Moral Rights in the Materials that arise outside Australia; and
- they agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of their Moral Rights in the Materials.
- Any cost associated with participating in the Promotion and/or accessing the Tipping Website and/or using a prize is the Entrant’s responsibility.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including but not limited to: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry, registration, tip or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) taking and/or use of a prize.
- The Promotion is governed exclusively by the laws of Australia.